Wednesday 1 January 2014

The blind will 'see'

Yesterday a card arrived, addressed in such a way to suggest it may well have come from Railway Crossing or Last Stop. Though a little late, I expected it to be a Christmas card.

To my surprise and delight, it was a virtual gift, from one of the congregation members at Railway Crossing. A lady with a huge, deep, devoted faith, who I received much support. Knowing her, I suspect I and Spot are regularly included in her prayers.

The gift is to provide a Braille textbook, Braille paper or other visual aids as part of the work of Embrace the Middle East (no, I hadn't heard of them either). As someone who knows how important learning and education is to improving people's lives, and how restrictive poor or no sight can be, this was such a thoughtful gift.

At Caledonia Kirk the deaf heard. Now, due to someone taking the time to think of me when buying a gift, the blind 'see'. This is getting a bit scary!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment, even if just to say "Hi".
I do moderate my comments, but don't let that put you off. Go on, you know you want to!