Monday 8 April 2013

Going away

Today, I am heading for a retreat. It's enforced, as it's now part of the training program for ministry training.

I am quite cynical about imposed retreats (what, just retreats, I hear you cry!), as what would work for me may be completely different to what would work for others. That said, I understand having some sort of retreatful discipline is good for everyone, so I want to go with an open mind. Having seen the timetable, I am struggling - a talk on the Oxford Movement anyone? - being just one example.

So, as I head off I hope the drive there will clear my head and while I am away I will be refreshed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment, even if just to say "Hi".
I do moderate my comments, but don't let that put you off. Go on, you know you want to!