Friday 28 December 2012

The gift of hearing

Almost everywhere I go (in terms of ministry placements), I have people thanking me for them being able to hear me. Given being able to be heard was one of the gifts for ministry I said I had, it's good that I wasn't just making that up and actually possess that gift.

I don't know what I do. I've never had a problem being heard (usually I need to really restrain myself). This used to get me into trouble when I was growing up - it was always my voice which was heard. But now, that burden is now a gift. As far as I'm concerned, there's no point doing what I'm doing if people can't hear me. I have sat through some very profound acts of worship, but have toiled to hear (and I have good hearing). So much lost because the message couldn't be heard.

My latest compliment on being heard came from a place I didn't expect. From someone who is profoundly deaf and who requires a hearing assistance dog. So, the deaf hear...I'll get really scared if the blind start to see too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment, even if just to say "Hi".
I do moderate my comments, but don't let that put you off. Go on, you know you want to!