Monday 25 April 2011

Watching the sun rise

Each Easter Sunday, my home church has a sunrise service. Usually, it's timed so the service is almost ending as the sun is staring to come over the horizon. This year, as Easter was so late, the service started at sunrise.

Easter sunrise 2011
Wow - watching the sunrise as our act of worship remembered and celebrated Jesus resurrection.

We were mainly women - but then it's very biblical, isn't it.

There weren't many of us.

But we knew, we know, Jesus died and was raised.

Alleluia!

The bacon rolls after the service were pretty good too!

3 comments:

  1. There was me doing my scriptural duty - one of the men staying away from the tomb - and I didn't even get a bacon roll for my troubles. ;-)

    And the kirk was still reeking of bacon come 11am! Mmmmm Bacon!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment, even if just to say "Hi".
I do moderate my comments, but don't let that put you off. Go on, you know you want to!