Saturday 9 April 2011

Getting to sound boring

Looking back at my posts, especially latterly, they are very introspective. This, in itself, is not necessarily bad. In fact, this navel gazing is quiet cathartic I never thought it would be - not really my thing - but I have found it useful to actually articulate things.. Lets face it, this blog was only set up as I needed to keep a reflective journal as part of the Church of Scotland's selection process.

However, it really makes me sound dour. Really dour. A la Rev I. M. Jolly.




The problem is, though I have a wicked sense of humour (honest!), when I try to be funny, it doesn't work.

Once in a manse (God willing), I do fancy getting a chair for the front room like Rev Jolly. Taking one look at a chair like that would crack up those who know me best. Hopefully anyone who doesn't know me visiting would get the joke. Besides, those type of chairs fit me perfectly.

Between that, the wine/beer making kit being set out and the motorbike, Spot and I will get a reputation. Nothing unusual in that. Our reputation can proceed us. So long as the reputation shows we're just a normal couple. No, normal isn't the right way of putting it. I'd hate to be normal. So long as our reputation is we're people. Just people. People who seem to always have a lot of beer and wine kicking about. Oh, better be careful, there, that may give us an entirely different reputation!

2 comments:

  1. One thing you do not sound is dour - I enjoy reading your posts and look forward to them.
    Wasn't Rev I.M Jolly funny?! I don't know how he kept a straight face filming that. It used to be on at the New Year with Francie & Josie. Hilarious!
    Good luck with your continuing studies and ministering and I shall look forward to reading future posts.
    God bless,
    Kelly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Rikki Fulton was hilarious and how he even kept a straight face is beyond me. Watching this clip shows just how close he came to loosing it.

    Ah, New Year, watching Scotch and Wry. Remember Supercop - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3t9cHFz9lI ?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment, even if just to say "Hi".
I do moderate my comments, but don't let that put you off. Go on, you know you want to!