Sunday 24 October 2010

Only mentioned it once (or twice), think I got away with it!

The services I led today went very well. The feedback I received was very positive. I know many people are more likely to make positive comments than give negative ones, but some of the individuals from whom I received praise only do so when something is really worth praising. It was very humbling to think I could invoke such a reaction. The holy spirit moved through me today, that I am sure of.

Comments I received included:
  • Excellent service - truly excellent (vague I know, but to get that from this individual...I must have done something right!).
  • I really enjoyed that.
  • I love the way you cut to the chase and tell it like it is.
  • Mrs Gerbil, that was excellent [referring to the sermon]. You said something that needed to be said. Thank you.
  • Wonderful. Keep that service. The church which gets you will be blessed. (Humbling words indeed).
  • That was a very good service. We old fuddy-duddies like how you manage to had a good balance of old and new.
  • Your service was excellent. You also have a very good presentation voice. Your pronunciation is clear and you pace things just right. It's important people hear what you are saying and we heard every word. Thank you.
I'm amazed how well it went.  In terms of my delivery, I did feel I paced it right and I was clear. It was good to have that affirmed. As this service was touching on a local issue, I thought it may not have been so positively received. I did feel moved by the holy spirit to say what I had to say, but even Jesus' words were rejected by some, especially in his home town.

This has reassured me to trust the holy spirit. It will give me the words God needs me to speak. Today I trusted and God spoke.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment, even if just to say "Hi".
I do moderate my comments, but don't let that put you off. Go on, you know you want to!