Wednesday 27 October 2010

I'm not an old man!

This Sunday I am providing pulpit supply at a local vacant charge. One of my ministers is their interim moderator and asked me as "they need someone who isn't an old man". My expression when she said this was a picture

I've decided to preach the same service as Sunday just there. I now have had a double "dress rehearsal" at my home churches, so I know it's well received and comes together well. I have to admit to being a little nervous. This is my first "going in cold" to lead worship at a church. All other services I have led have either been at my home churches or during placements.


I am sure God will be with me on Sunday. I'll just trust him. The holy spirit will do the rest.

3 comments:

  1. I'm sure I could find a suitable detachable white beard for you, modelled on ... hmmmm... Mr Knox, let's say? Quite impressive you know, and does provide an air of authority ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tee Hee! Thanks for the offer, but I don't want people thinking there's going to be a stoning!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh dear, I'm now reliving 'Life of Brian' stoning beards moment!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment, even if just to say "Hi".
I do moderate my comments, but don't let that put you off. Go on, you know you want to!