Sunday 24 October 2010

God's words, I pray.

Yet again, I am preaching at my home churches, while the minsters are on holiday. I still get nervous. Will I come over as a leader of worship, rather than "Wee Mrs Gerbil"? Will what I have to say be listened to an appreciated? Mostly, is what I am saying the words the holy spirit is moving me to say, rather than my own. I pray God is in my words and deeds.

Part of this today is my sermon will touch on churches in decline, closing and unions taking place. Locally, that is a sore topic as some unions are more positive than others, I shall say. The sermon does tie in to the lectionary readings, so this isn't a one woman rant (I pray). I do feel guided by the spirit to say what I have to say. Then maybe, maybe just maybe, some in the congregation will look beyond the local issue and see how concentrating on that is negative for the church and isn't what God wants of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment, even if just to say "Hi".
I do moderate my comments, but don't let that put you off. Go on, you know you want to!