Sunday 8 August 2010

A run in the car

Yesterday, Spot and I had planned to take the bike for a run along the Fife coast, generally heading in an East Neuk and then St Andrews direction. When I got up yesterday morning, the weather was dull, but not too bad. That was at 7am, though. By 9, the rain had started and it wasn't very pleasant.

So, we decided to generally follow our original plan, but in the car. The drive was lovely, as the roads weren't too busy and, even in the rail, the scenery is beautiful. The showers were pretty heavy, so we were pleased of the car!

I have been after a leather jacket, but I'd prefer a second hand one, so it's slightly worn in, rather than shinny. St Andrew's has a good selection of charity shops, so Spot and I went for a browse. Well, I didn't find a jacket, but I did make a purchase...


I bought all on this shelf. This includes a dictionary of the bible in 5 volumes from 1906, various text books, reflective reading and prayer/service resources. Some may be more useful than others, some more interesting then others, but I know they will all be useful. Spot recons it may have been divine influence we took the car, as those tomes were heavy!

Just after I made my purchases, the sun broke through the clouds and it turned into a stunning afternoon and evening, as this view of Tentsmuir forest from St Andrews castle shows...



More and more, I feel God guiding me and helping me out. Taking me places I need to go and opening my eyes to things around me. He's also giving me a hand up. Maybe yesterday was one of those. I think it was and I thank Him for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment, even if just to say "Hi".
I do moderate my comments, but don't let that put you off. Go on, you know you want to!