Wednesday 25 March 2009

Wants verses needs.

It's a week today until my local review. I can't believe how much I've learnt and experienced over the last six months. I've not always got it right, but I do know I am on the right path. I will hold onto that no matter what the outcome of next week is.

I've also been reflecting on the outcome of the local review. I would like to be recommended for the national selection conference. That said, I think it would be best if I have an extension in my co-ordinated field assessment. That would allow me to address the areas I need to. This would allow me to show others (and myself) I can learn from my mistakes and respond to constructive feedback. As I stated in my last posting, due to circumstances outwith my control, I haven't been able to demonstrate this and I think, even if I were to be recommended for selection conference, it would count against me. Also, as my hubbie pointed out, if I extended my CFA, I would still be on my first attempt. The more I think about it, the more I think that would be the best outcome.

The thing is, this Sunday is my last at my placement. Would I get another placement or more time where I am? Do I mention this at my local review or wait and see the outcome?

Whatever happens, I know it will all be part of God's plan for me.

2 comments:

  1. Extended CFA can be a recommendation from the local review if they feel it's necessary. I don't think I'd go looking for it in the first instance though unless you really feel that you would benefit from it. After all, in a sense you have nothing further to prove to your current supervisor. You will not be placed with them again later. You can, if you wish extend your CFA in that placement or you can opt to do it elsewhere. That's really a matter of logistics and who's available.
    One good thing about having a 'problem' identified in the local review is that it will be picked apart at assessment conference. This give you a chance to put forward your own evidence to demonstrate how you have addressed the issue and learnt from it. And the other positive outcome is that it gives them less time to interrogate you on other things.
    Not that I want to put you off, but if you think local review is daunting, assessment conference will put you through the wringer and spit you out the far side - and that's even if you get a 'good' result.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's sort of what I thought may be the case. Thanks for the advice. I think I'll just wait and see what the local review brings. I'm sure it'll all work out in the end. Going through the wringer will be "fun", for all the wrong reasons.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment, even if just to say "Hi".
I do moderate my comments, but don't let that put you off. Go on, you know you want to!