Sunday 8 March 2009

All is well

My hubbie and I are now back following our operations. His was performed on Wednesday, with mine on Thursday. I think we both caused issues for the surgical teams as our ops took about double the usual time. As I've said before, we don't do things by halves!!!

We're glad the ops are over - we both saw them as the first step on our road to get our lives back. Now the physical healing process can begin. In just over a weeks time, we have follow-up appointments with our respective consultants and, a couple of days later, the physiotherapy begins.

During our hospital stay, the staff were amazing - if somewhat surprised to have a married couple with the same injury, getting the same operation. It's never happened before. One of the theatre nurses suggested to me we'd need to get matching anoraks now!!!

I have my follow-up PDI in Edinburgh on Wednesday - hopefully I'll manage getting a train. I think, apart from preaching ion my placement church, I've covered everything. I was supposed to be preaching today, so I would have preached before my PDI, but that's been postponed until next Sunday. I am going to use the same sermon I used three weeks ago in my home church. I had planned writing another, but circumstances got in the way!!!

So, we're now on the road of recovery and my CFA is almost over. Life is changing in VERY unexpected ways.

2 comments:

  1. Glad to hear your ops went well and I hope you're now both on the road to recovery. I hope you are also able to focus on the final stages of the CFA and wish you all the best with it.
    What's this about matching anoraks - you didn't say it was a head injury ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear your ops went ok. Look forward to see you folks on Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment, even if just to say "Hi".
I do moderate my comments, but don't let that put you off. Go on, you know you want to!