Monday 2 March 2009

Accident update

Well, the operations to plate my hubbie and my collar bones are set (no pun intended) are set to take place on Wednesday, having been postponed from last Wednesday. We were pretty stoical about the postponement - if there are no beds, there are no beds - others were pretty shocked we'd have to wait so long.

Well, yes we're having to wait a week (and, I must admit, I'd had better!), but using the power of google, my hubbie discovered the consultant who will be carrying out our operations is the canine testicles for shoulder surgery and rehab. Personally, I prefer waiting a week and getting the best.

In the meantime, some things have been getting to me - really petty things at that. Some friends of ours visited on Friday night and brought a huge food parcel with them (her Italian Mum sent it!). It was great to see them. They even did the dishes, but the didn't put the glasses away in the right place. Yes, they were in the correct cupboard, but not grouped with other matching glasses.

Big deal!!!

I know - they are clean, put away and still accessible for a couple with broken collar bones. That's just one example of the silly little things that are getting to me.

Yesterday, I had a big rant (poor hubbie, he got it and he's on the same boat as I am) and a bit of a greet to myself. I felt a lot better for it. I just have to accept how things are at the moment. It'll be okay in the end. I think part of my problem is I'm a busy person - always on the go. I find it very, very difficult to sit and let others do things for me - I do things for others.

The other thing is, I am getting towards the end of my co-ordinated field assessment. 121 have been informed of my accident and are being supportive. I am supposed to have my second personal development interview on 11th March - only 1 week after my operation. If that has to be postponed, my local review gets postponed too. That could have a knock-on effect for the selection conference (if local review sends me!).

I must admit, I would be disappointed if I missed all of that because of the accident (mmh, was it really an accident - that implies no fault; just one of those things). That said, I have other things to worry about in the meantime. To be honest, my hubbie is more concerned about the potential knock-on effect for my call that I am. I'm sure everything will work out okay in the end.

God is looking after us.

1 comment:

  1. I hope that your new date for the surgery gets kept. It's good to know though that you'll be in good hands.
    Totally with you on the glasses thing, btw. I go off on a rant if the dishwasher hasn't been stacked properly, or utensils are put in the wrong drawer. I like mundane things like that to be 'consistent' because it means I don't have to think about them. It's probably a sign of madness, but hey!
    I also hope that your op and any knock-on implications don't get in the way of your assessment placement. 121 can be fairly flexible so long as the 'boxes have been ticked' for all that you're to have achieved in the placement. Do you have a provisional date for assessment conference yet?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment, even if just to say "Hi".
I do moderate my comments, but don't let that put you off. Go on, you know you want to!