Tuesday 17 March 2009

The end of the beginning?

My co-ordinated field assessment is nearly finished - my last Sunday is 29th March, with my local review taking place on 1st April (yes, April fools day!).
In many respects, I feel I've covered a lot during a very short period of time. The CFA only officially started in mid-November. Also, between my supervisor's time off sick and my issues following the accident, I've not really done too much since January. At least that's sort of how it feels.

On Monday, I met with my supervisor for the last time before my local review. We discussed how I felt about preaching on Sunday and how I feel about my call. Preaching seemed okay and I received some very kind comments. As for my call, I very much feel called to the ministry of word and sacrament, though sometimes I doubt I have the ability to fulfil that call, yet I know God calls me despite of myself.

My supervisor asked what I thought was an interesting question. "What would you like the outcome of the local review to be?". Mmh - was this a trick question? I answered honestly - I would like to be recommended for selection conference, but I will wait and see the decision of the local reviewers.

So, is this the end of the beginning of my journey to ministry? I will know in 3 weeks time.

4 comments:

  1. Isn't it amazing how quickly the time goes in? It sounds as though you're pretty clear in your own mind that you're on the correct path and that counts for a lot. Being able to express that can be difficult at times but it's what you need to hold on to.
    Let me know if I can offer any advice or a 'been there, done it, had to do it again' perspective.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the support John. Yes, it can be difficult to express the call - but I know I'm now going in the right direction. I just need to convince others too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nike's slogan is, "just do it!" You'll do fine:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment, even if just to say "Hi".
I do moderate my comments, but don't let that put you off. Go on, you know you want to!