Tuesday 11 November 2008

Love Shared

One of the questions asked during the bible study was to think of someone you find hard to love. I thought of a person at work who seems very self-centred and opinionated. He is also a smoker and one day was mouthing off to me about someone complaining about him smoking. I am very anti-smoking. I lost a non-smoking great-uncle to lung cancer almost certainly caused through passive smoking. This did not endear me to him.

The next question in the bible study notes was how can you show love to this person. At the time, neither I nor the other bible studiers could come up with anything. The following day, at work, I felt pulled to ask him how his new daughter (2 months old) was doing and how her brothers (8 year old twins) were dealing with it. That was the answer - show love through compassion. Even those we find the most difficult to love can be reached out to through us showing compassion for them. After all, this is what Jesus would do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment, even if just to say "Hi".
I do moderate my comments, but don't let that put you off. Go on, you know you want to!