Thursday 20 November 2008

A bit more about me.

My placement church has a quarterly magazine. I have been asked to do a wee piece for it. You the kind of thing - where your from, interests, job etc. I asked my husband to ghost write it for me as I'm terrible at writing about myself and I knew he'd come up with something off the wall, but totally true. So, here it is:

Greetings, I’m Mrs Gerbil. I've been a visitor to this fine church since late September as I explore my call to ministry. I am employed as a Civil Servant but in the past have been a surveyor and can give explanations of ortho-linear rectification. I like reading, cooking and dogs, or a combination of the above. I own a unicycle. I can't juggle, but I can spin plates. Occasionally I light fires. I don't know the way to Amarillo, but I do know the way to San Jose, and I never shot the sheriff or the deputy. I once drove an old car from Kirkcaldy to Italy and back just to prove the car could manage it. On the way I explored an area 200 feet up Salisbury Cathedral for no other reason than Canterbury Cathedral was shut. I enjoy rock climbing and rock music, often at the same time.

In my spare time I devote my energies to the promotion of world peace. I have studied Latin and have taught myself to divide by zero. Ask me to tell you the difference between a buffalo and a bison. I am building a Tardis as it was too expensive to build a Delorean. I have taken part in church services wearing, amongst other vestments, the rear half of a pantomime cow costume as I danced to the tune of "wish me luck as you wave me good-bye." I have met a First Minister, Church Ministers, Moderators and an Archbishop. And they were all introduced to Bob the Bible.

And I couldn't make this up if I tried…

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment, even if just to say "Hi".
I do moderate my comments, but don't let that put you off. Go on, you know you want to!