Wednesday 13 November 2013

Outside looking in

I was talking to a friend the other day. I was telling her about the additional pastoral, as well as preaching stuff I am doing this year. Though she's a life-long member of the Kirk, all she knows about ministry training is that which I have told her.

I must admit still being a bit annoyed at having to do pastoral work, but accept that I have little experience under supervision. There are things I did over the summer where it may have been easier with a supervisor in place, to have someone to check things, ask questions of and get support from, not least the funeral service I led.

But, as I told my friend this, she said "it's all good experience." And she's right. I keep saying I want to get as much experience as I can. Yes, I seem to have rather a large number of balls to juggle at the moment. But isn't that part of ministry proper? At any point, I can say I've too much academic work to do and the pastoral stuff will ease off. I think I need this, as part of a restoration of my confidence in my ability to minister.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment, even if just to say "Hi".
I do moderate my comments, but don't let that put you off. Go on, you know you want to!