Wednesday 13 February 2013

Wilderness at Lent

Today marks the beginning of Lent (I know, no flies on me!). For the last 3 years I have followed Lent through the Tom Wright "Lent for Everyone" series. I'm wondering if I should revisit the year C one (after all, it is 3 years since I have) or try something new.

Either way, I want to follow some sort of Lent study pattern. I have found it a useful discipline over the last 3 years and, following a sermon I heard the other day, feel Lent should be about doing something, going into the wilderness and coming out better perpared for what lies ahead.

Which does make me wonder what wilderness is in 21st century Scotland. Is it disconnecting from online media (really not an option for me, if just for studying, as all submissions are online)? Is it going off on my own for 40 days (again, might be a bit busy to do that)? Or is it taking time to listen to God's voice and spend time with him and his creation? Now, I can do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment, even if just to say "Hi".
I do moderate my comments, but don't let that put you off. Go on, you know you want to!