Friday 16 November 2012

A rubbish couple of weeks

The past couple of weeks have been a little shitty. It just seems like one thing after the other. First, the car needed an engine rebuild. Then, 3 days after getting it back from the mechanics, we were back-ended at a round-about. It's now been written-off. Tomorrow we go to clear out our stuff and hand back the courtesy car. But that's just a car. It's a pain in the arse and an inconvenience, but it's a metal box. All parties concerned were uninjured and that's the important thing.

So, you may be wondering why I am writing this. Well, today I got a call from my Mum. Well, it was spot who answered and, though I couldn't hear what Mum was saying, I knew something was up. My Uncle, had been rushed to hospital. It's 11 years since his first heart attack, so I thought the worst.

Arriving at the hospital, I told reception who I was. It's at times like this I wish I wasn't so honest and had said he was my Dad (he might as well be), as it was only after waiting half and hour and phoning my Mum that I got into see him. At one point, while we were with him, we thought he was going to check out on us. Not good.

Fortunately, it looks like it might be a change in his meds are needed, or his hearts electrics were playing up. Either way, though tired, he got home tonight. I'm relieved. Besides, on a very selfish note, I want him at my ordination, just for the sake of dragging him into a church!

6 comments:

  1. Stumbled across this while finding out about Blogs. And, thank you. Just about to enter the Co-ordinated Field Assessment part myself, so reading about your journey (only a few so far) has been good. Wishing you all the best!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Miss G
      Thanks. It's good to know my random whittering is helpful for someone.

      Hope your CFA goes well. What are you enquiring for?

      Mrs G

      Delete
    2. I'm glad to hear things are on the 'up' and your uncle is on the mend:) About to begin CFA for OLM - I'm hoping to catch up on your earlier posts to see how it went as I don't know anyone nearby who has gone through the whole process near me(yet!)

      Miss G

      Delete
    3. Enjoy the CFA. Despite thinking I wasn't cut out for the job, somehow I'm now a trainee OLM. I actually got a lot out of the CFA.

      Have a look at Mrs G's links for "The Gerbil Burrow"

      Delete
  2. Praying for you that all goes well from now on. As you always remind me , Gods got your back!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment, even if just to say "Hi".
I do moderate my comments, but don't let that put you off. Go on, you know you want to!