Thursday 20 September 2012

The knees have it

I've only been to one ordination, but I suspect in quite a short time they will be a little like weddings, where seemingly everyone I know is getting done!

Which brings me to the physicalities and practicalities of it - specifically where the ordinand kneels. Kneeling is not a good thing for me if you'd like me to get up again in any vaguely dignified way. More than a few seconds and my knees really don't appreciate it. A few minutes and I'm walking like I've wet myself for the next hour or so.

So do we have to kneel? If so, can I get a pair of gel knee pads to wear when the time comes?

1 comment:

  1. I insisted on a cushion and it was placed on the chancel step in such a way that my knees weren't too bent. Likewise, I'd have had trouble standing again had I actually been kneeling.
    Some churches have a proper kneeler - kind of like an angled stool. Maybe borrow one for the occasion if there isn't one there.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment, even if just to say "Hi".
I do moderate my comments, but don't let that put you off. Go on, you know you want to!