Tuesday 25 January 2011

Maturing?

I’m starting to feel more grown-up latterly. It’s as though I am being more mature and sensible. Perhaps this is part of feeling old, but maybe it’s part of following my call. It’s very woolly and hard to put my finger on, but on Sunday I commented to a member of my home church that “I’m turning into a mature grown-up”, they replied “yes, you have calmed down a lot”. Perhaps I’d am more willing to show my feelings. I know often being cheeky and trying to make a joke of things was my way to hide. It’s quite liberating, this opening up thing, strangely. I know I have been reluctant to share my feelings and myself – on a deeply personal level – as I have been very badly wounded in the past. Now, I think, it’s time to let the old hurt go and more on. I know it is what God wants and needs me to do. I also know he will help my overcome my fears and support me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment, even if just to say "Hi".
I do moderate my comments, but don't let that put you off. Go on, you know you want to!