Sunday 9 January 2011

Feeling old: part 2

Spot and I were at his Gran's yesterday. She has a photo of us on our wedding day in her living room. I looked at this and thought how young we looked. When we left, I mentioned this to Spot and asked "when did we get old?". "It was taken a long time ago." he replied (nearly 7 years - not that long) "We've aged. It happens".

I suppose my perception of how I looked age wise and how I actually look may not be the same. Only a couple of years ago I was still getting ID'd if buying alcohol. I suppose looking my age (or approaching my age) has come a little out of the blue.

Also, I bought a suit. Okay, this may not seem a radical thing to do and something many people do all the time. I'm not many people, though. The last suit (and first one) I bought was a velvet suit for my graduation ball. I know I'll need a suit once I'm in placements and doing more (hopefully) pulpit supply. Again, this makes me feel grown up and responsible. Dare I say it, a mature grown up. Nah, that'll never happen. But, there is a time and a place for jeans and suits. I'll need both and encounter all times and places in peoples lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment, even if just to say "Hi".
I do moderate my comments, but don't let that put you off. Go on, you know you want to!