Sunday 9 January 2011

30 days to go

I had a bit of an odd conversation at my home church today. At coffee, I mentioned to my Mum I've 30 working days left (devastated I am, truly devastated!). This is as I have to use my holiday entitlement before I leave under voluntary redundancy. As a result, I am having all of March off. Hence, 30 working days left.

So, the person sitting with us, somewhat indignantly went "How?". I explained I was taking voluntary redundancy. "Well, you'll get something else, won't you?". "Err, possibly not", I replied. "Taking a few months off to do my own thing is looking very appealing. This might be the last chance I get". The person then asked "so, is he [Spot] letting you".


I recalled the conversation to Spot and he was surprised and a bit taken aback. He is very supportive of me and completely understands why I would want to take some time out. It did get us talking about what I would have done if he hadn't let me. That's something that hadn't occurred to either of us. We support each other. That's the way it is. Yes, I may do some voluntary work, but it'll be on my terms. I may just take very long walks and even get back into cycling. Whatever I do, it'll be between God, Spot and I. No one else. I'm looking forward to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment, even if just to say "Hi".
I do moderate my comments, but don't let that put you off. Go on, you know you want to!