Wednesday 2 April 2014

Coming to the end of a journey

I have (literally) just submitted my last piece of work for my BD, barring presentation of that tomorrow and exams. It is actually quite a nice feeling knowing there's only 2 hours of teaching ahead of me and 4 hours of exams, yet frightening that it's flown in so quickly.

The thing is, I (in the main) have really enjoyed the study. Especially this year where I had much more flexibility choosing my courses. I hope I am able to use a lot of what I have gained through the time at university, and that isn't just the knowledge of particular parts of Scottish church architecture c1560-1638!!! I've gained new friends, greater understanding of church literature, history, ethics, theology, scripture, etc, etc, than I could have without the degree education (ah, so that'll be why we're to do this!).

My concern is I'll lose the momentum. Not in relation to exams, though they seem weeks away, but the momentum to keep learning, to keep seeking understanding, to keep getting to know God more deeply (oh, that actually sounds quite profound). This path, for me at least, has not necessarily been the easiest. Most of that has been down to the choices I've made, as I want to be the best minister I can be and serve as God has called me.

This part of the journey is coming to an end, but the path continues on to fresh and exciting destinations.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment, even if just to say "Hi".
I do moderate my comments, but don't let that put you off. Go on, you know you want to!