Monday 9 June 2014

According to God's will - follow up

Despite it being several days since my annual review, I have been somewhat neglectful in posting an up-date. Apologies.

Well, the meeting went well. There were probing questions, yet these were in the context of a warm, supportive atmosphere. Once the 'questioning' had finished, I went outside while the panel made their decision (this is the norm for all annual reviews). Though there was still an element of uncertainty at that stage, as nothing weird or left-of-field had really come up, I hoped things would be okay.

And they were. When one of the panel came to get me, they whispered 'it's all fine,' which was both lovely and appreciated. No 'issues' were raised, but I am to export with my supervisor how I ensure I get a pattern of spirituality (not sure how that will be worded). Fair enough, as I've not had the need to develop that in full-time ministry, which probation will be. I have a hunch, though, I might already be doing it, I just don't realise it. But, it's something to think about - how I ensure my own spiritual health in the midst of the busyness and demands of ministry.

So, the journey continues. All pretty cool and now I'm really looking forward to starting probation and all the challenges and privileges and wonder and demands that will bring.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment, even if just to say "Hi".
I do moderate my comments, but don't let that put you off. Go on, you know you want to!