Sunday 23 February 2014

Just what I needed

This week, I have been informatively learning by visiting Plockton, Inverness, Aviemore (there, the Cairngorn Brewery) and a trip up to the car park on Cairngorm. There we saw the snow, but no ptarmigan.

One highlight of the week was a trip to Glasgow yesterday. The primary reason was to visit the Model Rail Scotland exhibition, but Spot and I also had a great time meeting up with friends and their two (adorable - I am bias, very bias) children. Their oldest was fair taken by the whole thing, which was a relief, as Hornby didn't have a stand, so very little Thomas. It was great to see our friends and have a good catch up. The wife of the couple I've known for nearly 19 (!) years and she has always been so supportive of my training for ministry - she was even one of the people who suggested it.

It's been a good week as I've had a time for long lies, walks (when not throwing it down with rain - usually pushed sideways with the wind), seeing Scotland at its best and taking time to recharge my batteries. I'm not convinced this is the purpose of innovative learning week, but it's what I have done and was just what I needed.

Tomorrow, the work restarts in ernest.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment, even if just to say "Hi".
I do moderate my comments, but don't let that put you off. Go on, you know you want to!