Tuesday 18 February 2014

God goes before me and is with me

Over the last week or so a bible verse has been going around in my head. It's one I first read (or was really aware of reading) when on enquiry. Since then, it pops into my head when I maybe need a bit of reassurance or am about to step out in faith, with the hope what I am doing is following God's calling.

So, what's the verse? "The Lord himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged." (Deut 31:8) All through enquiry and training I've felt God's leading me. There have been things which have discouraged me, but I have kept on climbing the path I am heading along, reassured I shouldn't be afraid or discouraged. The bottom line, I think, is this verse tells me 'God's got your back and has prepared the way for you,' which is pretty awesome.

So, I sort of wondered why it was swirling around my head at the beginning of last week. As I discovered last September, there are no guarantees in the training process. Yet, on Thursday I received confirmation of where I will serve probation and since Sunday have been making plans for beginning dates and going with some members of Airside Kirk to Malawi. All without the certainty my next annual review will be okay.

It's not being arrogant. I have definitely learnt they are not plain sailing. No, I am trusting God, knowing he goes to prepare the way for me and, with that knowledge, I should not be afraid or discouraged. Now I know why that verse was in my head (and still is). God is pretty cool and is giving me exactly what I need. And I trust in him, setting aside fear and anxiety to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment, even if just to say "Hi".
I do moderate my comments, but don't let that put you off. Go on, you know you want to!