Sunday 1 September 2013

In the big group

I've never been the most outgoing of people. I like my own company and would rather spend time with a handful of close friends and family than in a large group filled with many people I don't know that well. Now I am at candidates' conference, though I may be sitting with the group, even talking away, I'd really rather be off sitting on my own or with just Spot.

I know if I went, at meal times especially, and sat alone, people would join me. I worked that out very quickly at my first conference. Consequently, I will sit with the group as that gives me a certain amount of choice who I sit with.

Being a bit of an introvert (but often covering it up) it's hard work. When in 'minister' mode, going to talk to people at community events, coffee mornings etc I find tiring, but know it's part of the job - to take the presence of Christ to people. It's no wonder he would go off on his own, with a few friends for a bit of R and R, prayer and re-focus. I totally get that, and I am just human.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment, even if just to say "Hi".
I do moderate my comments, but don't let that put you off. Go on, you know you want to!