Sunday 8 September 2013

A new start at Quarry Kirk

From this Sunday, I will be covering pulpit supply at a local vacant charge - Quarry Kirk. This will be pretty much as much as I want, bar the occasional service shared with the neighbouring churches. It will be good to keep my hand in, especially in one congregation, where I can build up a relationship with them and them with me. They had wanted locum cover too, but I'll see how my time pans out uni wise - don't want to make a rod for my back.

I always find it odd preaching in a new place for the first time. What do they know; where are they coming from? How do I make sure I am not skipping stuff they don't know, while not patronising them with detailing stuff they know really well? (At this point, I can almost feel a wise friend telling me if I am concerned about this, I probably have the balance right).

I am looking forward to serving them, getting to know them, supporting them on their journey. I hope they will do the same for me. As long as they keep me in tea, I'll be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment, even if just to say "Hi".
I do moderate my comments, but don't let that put you off. Go on, you know you want to!