Tuesday 3 September 2013

All called to serve

Today's the last day at conference and there's not a lot on. Basically, it's just 'meet the moderator' today. It will be interesting meeting Lorna Hood and seeing what she has to share about ministry.

As with all church conferences, this is ending with communion. I am tempted to sit it out, as I am not looking forward to it. It's not the communion I object to, but the outpouring of emotion there will be during the sharing of the peace - I really struggle with this, especially when people invade my personal space. I know people will tell me it's because they care, but I would say, if they knew me, they would know how uncomfortable that would make me feel.

There's usually some sort of blessing thingy on the 'third years' (of whom I am one). Again, I will struggle with that. Just because we've finished one part of our training and, in some cases, are going into probation, that does not make us any more special that any of the other candidates. We are all candidates together - yes, at different stages, but all called to serve the church in a recognised ministry. For me, where we are in our training does not alter the fact we are all called by God to serve the Kirk as ministers and deacons.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment, even if just to say "Hi".
I do moderate my comments, but don't let that put you off. Go on, you know you want to!