Sunday 7 March 2010

Third Sunday in Lent

I am leading the whole service at my home churches today. I'm preaching on Isaiah 5:1-9 and Luke 13:1-9. Not exactly easy text; even my minister was impressed I hadn't decided to go with my own choice. But, with prayerful reflection it's all prepared and I'm pretty happy with it. That's not bad going, given my reaction when I first looked at the lectionary readings for this Sunday.

To be honest, I'm, more concerned by the children's address than anything else. After my last placement, I have got into a habit of making questions rhetorical as their children didn't answer - anyone. Also, in the time I've been away from my home church, more children have stated coming, so they don't know me.

I have my "dress rehearsal" at the linkage to my home church. I find things easier there. A bit like Jesus. He wasn't listened to in Nazareth, yet Capernium is just down the road.

I'm sure I'll be fine. If God it with me, who can be against me?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment, even if just to say "Hi".
I do moderate my comments, but don't let that put you off. Go on, you know you want to!