Wednesday 24 February 2010

Good, yet strange meeting

A couple of weeks ago one of my ministers got in touch with me. I'd (with her consent) put her down as a referee on one of the ministries council's forms I'd filled out following my referral to national selection conference. She'd received the form ministries wanted her to complete and wanted a chat with me about how I was feeling about selection conference, my call etc.

Well, we sort of talked about that, but also talked the forthcoming general election, the cost of public transport (especially buses), council tax and generally put the world to rights. I also briefly babysat 2 of her 3 children while she picked up her third son (her hubbie was at another church meeting). So, all in all, I'm not entirely sure if she got the answers she needed/wanted. I suppose she must have.

A couple of things which did amused me about the form was these questions:
  • Can the person see the your completed form before conference? (Or something along those lines). I told my minister it was up to her. She thought the question rather odd, as "there's nothing I'd write on the form I wouldn't say to your face". That's a relief!
  • Is there any reason why the person is not a suitable candidate for ministry? If yes, state why? Jokingly, my minister said "yes". I'm sure she would have told me before now and certainty would not have encouraged me during my placements and to be involved in worship since the completion of my last placement.
Now, I'll be interested to read what she does say.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment, even if just to say "Hi".
I do moderate my comments, but don't let that put you off. Go on, you know you want to!