Tuesday 12 January 2010

Cheerio for now

Officially, my placement ended on 2nd January. Due to the snow and my hubbie needing the car, I hadn't made it to my placement church for worship on the Sunday (3rd). So, I went along on Sunday to say goodbye and tell then my news.

I was a wee bit nervous about this. I don't like a fuss...at all. I avoid them like the plague, if they are for me. Just the way I am. Just before the children's address the session clerk called me forward and made a wee speech and presented me with some flowers and a card.

It is sad to leave that congregation. I've come know they and enjoy working with them. I will let them know how I'm getting on and, no doubt, will visit at some time in the future.

I also know, if I am selected for ministry training (or should I say when?) I will feel I am constantly moving on. All the various placements and people I will learn from and work with. Until I find my own place where God leads.

Talking of where God leads. One of this placement's congregation asked, if I am selected, how long it would be before I was a minister? Just under 5 years I guessed. After a quick discussion with another member she said "that's just about the same time as your local assessor retires. You should come back here and be our minister then", or words to that effect.

I smiled and said something along the lines of "We'll just have to see what God has planned for me". Inside I was thinking if her words were prophetic until the person she'd had her brief discussion with said "well, it's better the devil you know". I wasn't sure if which way round to look at that- the congregation or me being the devil!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment, even if just to say "Hi".
I do moderate my comments, but don't let that put you off. Go on, you know you want to!