Friday 15 January 2010

Looking ahead

I went to visit my ministers last night (two ministers in a joint ministry team). They wanted to see how I was and what I wanted/needed to do before selection conference. I took along my formal report from my local review too. Fortunately, it had just arrived in the post that day.

I let both of them read my report. One of them had recently been trained as a local assessor, so is aware of what the review is looking for. She in particular thought it was "an excellent report". I thought I came across quite well too. Plenty of positives and even the down points aren't really negatives in the lowest common denominator type way.

Having gone from being reasonably heavily involved in leading worship, along with other ministerial-type duties, at my placement, it would have been quite strange going back to only sitting in the pew every Sunday. Also, there's a bit of my thinks perhaps that's something I may be asked at selection conference - "what have you been doing since the end of your co-ordinated field assessment". With that in mind, I'm being involved leading worship at my home church (and its linkage) between now and then.

As for pastoral visits and such-like things. As I work full-time, day time things can be an issue, but I've let my ministers know if something comes along to let me know. I can easily take a ½ day (or a whole one, if necessary!). Both I and my ministers know this maybe isn't necessary - during ministry training I'll get plenty experience - but I'd still like to keep my hand in.

Conflict was briefly mentioned in my report and one of my ministers actually gave an example of a time where I had dealt with conflict very well. I must remember this and wish I'd remembered it before.

So, it was a really positive and encouraging meeting. I also was enjoying myself so much I didn't get home until past my bedtime - dirt stopout!!!

Oh, my dates for selection conference are 30th April-1st May. I'll maybe start panicking a couple of days before!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment, even if just to say "Hi".
I do moderate my comments, but don't let that put you off. Go on, you know you want to!