Tuesday 22 May 2012

Where did the time go?

I've now finished my exams. I can't believe that's first year at uni almost over and a third of my degree complete (working on the assumption I've passed!). Just can't believe how quickly the time has gone in and how much I've learnt since September (though how much I will remember an other story...).

I know I am no academic and this year has re-affirmed this. It's not I'm thick, but academia isn't me. Thankfully I'm holding my own and doing okay. It's great to be learning and stretching my brain. It's funny, but I had said for a long time I'd like to got back to uni again...any do some history as I'd never taken that past second year at school, even though I'd liked and enjoyed it, but it clashed with my first love of the social sciences - geography, especially as geography the way I was taught was physical geography.

I'm definitely seeing the interconnection in most we are taught. It's amazing how it all interweaves. I'm also seeing history seems to be my strongish point and I hope ti develop this (I know of someone will approve!).

I've been making choices for next year. There's things I have to do and things which are of interest, but which will have to wait to the following year as they clash with the have to do, but the timetable looks a bit more (dare I say this?) interesting than this year. I know this year will stand me in good stead as a very good grounding for the nest two years of study (and beyond), but some of the subjects were more...stimulating than others, shall we say. Hope my choices are okay'd, though I have an idea what to change to if I need to.

Now I'm getting my head in gear for starting my summer placement in just under 2 weeks. It's full-time and I'll be away from home, so there's the challenges and pressures of that too. I'm really looking forward to it, as I know I am ready to take the next step in my journey with God.

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment, even if just to say "Hi".
I do moderate my comments, but don't let that put you off. Go on, you know you want to!