Saturday 26 February 2011

How's the beginning of the rest of my life?

That's how my sister-in-law described leaving work yesterday when she called tonight. It's great to be "out". For me to know be in a position to tell anyone who asks what I'm up to now, I can tell them I am going to be a minister, without having to keep track of what circle they revolve in and weather or not it would work its way back to work.

Perhaps I did my colleagues a disservice not telling them. Of those Spot and I are in touch with outwith work, the response has been very, very positive. That said, it only takes a couple of bad apples to ruin the whole barrel and, well the least said about that the better.

I think Spot is going to feel like he's part of the Spanish inquisition on Monday, though at least he'd be expecting it! It may be interesting to learn the questions of some of the less open-mined members of his office will be then.

So, 6 months to fill before becoming a student again. I hope I don't manage to fill my time so effectively I don't know how I'll fit in studying! God knows, I could definitely do with some decent R&R and I am going to take this opportunity that has fallen my way to take it. Exciting times ahead, of that I have no doubt!

2 comments:

  1. Enjoy the downtime - do things you want to do, try new things, have fun, come visit the ospreys (and us in Aberlour!) - the next four/five years will go in a flash!
    Every blessing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Shuna
    Thanks - that's pretty much what I intend doing. Spot and I may be in the area in April as we head up for the ospreys and capercaillie.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment, even if just to say "Hi".
I do moderate my comments, but don't let that put you off. Go on, you know you want to!