Thursday 6 May 2010

Selection conference - the letter

Yesterday, I was nervous and slightly distracted all day, wondering if the post would arrive and, more importantly, if the letter from ministries council had arrived.

It was there, behind the door, when Spot and I got home. It was a really small envelope. Not good, not good at all. Results like this should come in large(ish) envelopes.

I had decided during the day I would open the letter immediately - why let the worry go on for longer than necessary. I'd not been accepted, but needed to open the letter to read the report from the conference. To see were I'd gone wrong and begin reflection of where I was go for God next.

Quickly, it was opened. I began reading. It was good news! The assessors has decided to accept me as a candidate in training for full-time ministry. I was stunned, shocked, amazed. I'd done it!

Spot was really chuffed too, as are all the friends and family I have told since then.

God has guided me here and will guide me where I go next. But still. Minister? Me? Wow.

5 comments:

  1. Great news! Really pleased for you.
    Are we likely to see you at the August conference or are you beginning the conference programme later?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic! God is good! Wooooooooo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's great... well done you!! The next part of the journey begins...hope you will keep blogging it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!
    That is really great news.
    As per John - will we see you at Aug. conference and where will you be doing yer training?

    You've pretty much done the hard stuff, the rest will be a cake-walk...
    ...
    ...
    okay, not, but you'll be doing it with other 'candidate companions' on the way who will hopefully become an excellent peer support group... and end up as friends.

    Congrats :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations and blessings on your journey

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment, even if just to say "Hi".
I do moderate my comments, but don't let that put you off. Go on, you know you want to!