Monday 3 May 2010

More thoughts from the weekend

Yes, I really enjoyed the conference. Since then, I have been going over some of what I said and did. I'm reassured knowing the assessors are looking for potential, not the finished article. I also know there was a few questions I could have answered differently/better/more fully. It's done now and it's out of my hands, so I'll not dwell on it.

The topic discussion I led went well. I very much went into leading the discussion. Trying to ask open questions and I did make sure all could have their say. I did give my opinion, but only because another of the applicants asked. I even managed to sum up our points (which were varied and interesting) with just about 1 minute to go. So, I did keep it on time.

During the discussion, I did come out with the cheesiest line I think I've ever come out with. There was nothing wrong with the sentiment, but smell the fromage!!! "It's not about the steeple, it's about the people". Excuse me while I go and throw up in that bucket other there, please!!!

I wish I hadn't told Spot and a couple of friends we were visiting yesterday. Did I get ribbed, or did I get ribbed? I don't think I'll live that one down. Oh well...

I should hear if I've been successful by the end of the week. At least it's quick. I will post the outcome when I know. Thanks again for your prayers and good thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment, even if just to say "Hi".
I do moderate my comments, but don't let that put you off. Go on, you know you want to!