Saturday 17 April 2010

Volcanic ash

I'm leading worship tomorrow in my home church. My ministers are on holiday and I'm cheaper than a locum!

This is probably just as well. My ministers are on holiday and may not get home. I'm not sure if they were flying - they are more inclined to travel to central Europe by train. It would be sods law if just this one time, they chose to fly and can't get home.

Controversially, I have thought, perhaps the grounding of air traffic in UK airspace will make people start thinking twice about taking the plane for short journeys. I just can't get my head round taking a plane from Manchester to London. But, perhaps not. I live in hope.

In saying that, I've a friend who is a BA long haul air host. They left for Buenos Aries last Sunday and I think were due to return yesterday or tomorrow. To make matters worse, her son and daughter-in-law are supposed to be through visiting her and her husband for the weekend. Saying that, I'd, and I'm sure her family, would rather she got home safely.

Reading what happened when a 747 did go through a volcanic ash cloud is scary! Though this, for the captain, is hilarious "Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem. All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control. I trust you are not in too much distress.". No, I'm sure they weren't in too much distress, only concentrating on controlling their sphincter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment, even if just to say "Hi".
I do moderate my comments, but don't let that put you off. Go on, you know you want to!