Thursday 12 November 2009

Finding the words

At my regular CFA meeting last night, my assessor and I went over my CFA agreement. I'm 4 months into this placement (leaving only 2 months left) and we were going over how I was getting on, what I still needed to do/look at and my feelings about my call.

Most of what we discussed was okay. But, I'm still struggling to find the words to express why I'm called to the ministry of word and sacrament. My assessor asked me to tell her of my vision of my call...I wasn't sure what she meant, and I said so. So she put it another way. How do you see you fulfilling you call?

I hadn't had it put to me like that before, so really struggled. I'm following God and His vision is what I should be perusing. Should I have said that? I did mention after visiting Prospects, I felt very drawn to that and could see myself serving the community I was ministering in through that. Co-incidentally, my assessor had just found out yesterday that the first probationers' conference would include a presentation about prospects. I think every town should have such a group and letting probationers know about it, hopefully, will lead to that becoming a reality.

So, now I have to really find the words to express my call. I know I have them, but I struggle to put then together at the right time, especially when I'm put on the spot. I'm going to get that at my local review and, if I go forward to it, selection conference.

Now, I'll put my trust in God to give me the words and follow His vision for my life.

2 comments:

  1. Just a passing thought - are you a visual or a words thinker (or something else)? Could you describe an 'image' of your call, for example? Or could you express it poetically or even in prose?
    One thing, I think I've said before, is make sure you are clear on your sense of call and not just the things that have affirmed it.
    It's not an easy thing - I know from experience - but the words will come I'm sure.
    Every blessing for the last few weeks of CFA.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi John

    I definately think in pictures. It's a pity I can't draw very well, though!!!
    Thanks for your continuted support.
    Mrs G.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment, even if just to say "Hi".
I do moderate my comments, but don't let that put you off. Go on, you know you want to!