Saturday 13 June 2009

Church parenting

There's a baptism at my home church tomorrow and I am the church parent. The church parent welcomes the baptism party, sits with them during the service, makes sures they're alright and known what's going on, as they may not be too familiar with church services. They also act as the contact point for the family between the church and the family; keeping them informed of organisations/events they and their child can be involved in and sending a card to the child for the first 5 years to celebrate its baptism.

I haven't been a church parent before as young church leaders usually aren't asked. Not sure why, probably they're doing enough to help the young people of the church?! I feel a little apprehensive as I've never meet the family before (I don't think I have anyway!) and I am to meet them prior to the service starting. I just hope I find the right words to say - to encourage and guide them rather than (and this is my fear) turn them away. I know if I trust in God He will give me the words I need.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment, even if just to say "Hi".
I do moderate my comments, but don't let that put you off. Go on, you know you want to!