Sunday 14 December 2008

Good deed of the day.

The local school was singing at my placement church today. The sung really well and there were a few proud parents in the congregation. I love churches when people come to them, even for something as simple as this. If we show God's love through being hospitable and welcoming hopefully they will take that away with them.

Last week the children didn't light any of the advent candles. I mentioned that at my meeting on Tuesday; quite casually along the lines of "I thought it quite unusual the children not being asked to help light the candles". Today, they did. Perhaps my supervisor is taking on board some of my thoughts?

Thanks to those of you who commented on my last post (especially crabbit besom). It's re-assuring to know others have had similar frustrations. It is also re-assuring to know it's part of the process. I hope I can use my feelings following on from Tuesday's meeting positively as I explore my call.

In other news, as I was heading out of the church one of the parent's of the school group were trying to pump up a tyre. I took one look and knew it had a puncture, so my good deed for the day was changing their tyre. That made me think - what is a better demonstration of God's love? Helping a stranger or singing from the pews? I think it depends on the circumstances. I also think praising God and worship is a fundamental need. I also know I can't walk away when I see someone who needs help, even if I do land up minging!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment, even if just to say "Hi".
I do moderate my comments, but don't let that put you off. Go on, you know you want to!