Sunday 27 May 2012

One week to summer

This time next week, I'll have started my summer placement. I'm really looking forward to it, as it's a growing church (yes, growing!) and will still be pretty busy over the summer, so plenty for me to do, see and learn.

Down side is I'll be away from home, so that will be hard, though I am staying with exceptionally good friends, who are the reason why I am going where I am going. It'll be hard being away from spot, though he's hoping to see me at weekends (I'm not leaving the country...quite).

Yesterday I pointed out to spot that this is my last weekend at home before I go on placement. It's been ages since it was first agreed and now it's here and I think that was a bit of a surprise for us both. The way things work out, I probably won't see a weekend in our house until the end of August...3 months away. I know people do placements abroad where they don't see their family and friends for the entire time, but I knew I couldn't do that, though I had seriously considered it.

I am going to a beautiful part of the country. There's plenty of birding and walking to be done there...when I've time! I'm also planning taking my bicycle, which should be interesting to begin with, as I haven't used it for 4 years. At least where I am staying is pretty flat (but ancient flood plains tend to be).

So, onwards and upwards. I'm enjoying the journey so far (even though sometimes that may not come over) and know I am ready to begin the next stage of it. Bring it on.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds exciting, challenging and very different, hope all goes well and you'll still be blogging!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment, even if just to say "Hi".
I do moderate my comments, but don't let that put you off. Go on, you know you want to!