Saturday 24 October 2009

Last Monday

As I left the house to make the post-funeral visit I was a bag of nerves. My hubbie, being the total star he is, told me I'd be fine as I'm a people person. Not that he's bias - oh no, not at all!

As I was driving along there was a little part of me was wishing no-one would be at home and I wouldn't need to do it. The majority of me felt very privileged to be in this position and, as I drew up outside the house I asked God for guidance and the right words. As ever, He didn't fail me.

The bereaved recognised me from when I shadowed my assessor at the pre-funeral visit. That was a relief - I didn't need to explain who I was. He invited me in and I chatted with him for about 1/2 hour.

The bereaved was a lovely person with many friends and good neighbours; plenty of people to look out for him. I'm not saying the church shouldn't do that, but it definitely made my job easier.

I hope my small act showed God's love for the bereaved. That is all. If I sow the seeds of God's love, others may reap, but God's love will grow and grow. The harvest will be God's kingdom on earth.

1 comment:

  1. Another good experience to reflect on. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment, even if just to say "Hi".
I do moderate my comments, but don't let that put you off. Go on, you know you want to!