Friday 22 May 2009

Good enough

Well, the service for Sunday is written. The ACTS (adoration, confession, thanksgiving and supplication) prayer, children's' address and sermon are all by my own fair hand. I've adapted a prayer I found on the This is church website. I must remember to bookmark that.

I even chose the hymns myself and only snuck in one of my favourites and it still, more or less, ties in with the theme. This is particularly impressive as I am not musical at all and tend to forget most hymns until I hear it being played! My hubbie was complaining though, I have managed to choose a hymn we haven't got typed up. He's one of the projectionists - all the hymns that have been used since my home church got the projector are saved and it wasn't there. Oops I'm sure I recognised it. That could be a bit embarrassing on Sunday when I don't have a clue how it goes!!!

I'm a bit worried about my sermon. It's okay, I think, but I don't think it's nearly as good as my last one. It being my home church, I think it'll be pretty unlikely anyone would say "That wasn't that good" or "You're last one was much better". Not that I'm complaining, but sometimes unbias comments are more helpful.

I know it being my home church they'll be on my side. I just hope I can convey what God need the congregations to hear. That's all I hope for.

1 comment:

  1. Good Luck - I hope everything goes well!
    God Bless,
    Kelly.
    x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment, even if just to say "Hi".
I do moderate my comments, but don't let that put you off. Go on, you know you want to!