Tuesday 8 December 2009

Nerves

I'm leading the whole service on Sunday coming. It's all prepared, though I do need to go over it and maybe change it a touch. All the key ingredients are there. I just need, as my assessor puts it, to let it "stew down". Make the ingredients palatable, so to speak.

No, that's not why I'm nervous. So far, my mother and hubbie are coming to the service. As is possibly my mother-in-law. Then, if my mother-in-law comes, my sister-in-law and her hubbie might come too. At this point I'd like to state my mother- and sister-in-law are regular church goers. Every Christmas eve you'll find them at a watchnight service!

So, no pressure, then!

1 comment:

  1. Hopefully this will make you laugh and relax some of your nerves.

    The very first time I took a whole service I also had one of the people nominated by the church and university coming along to assess the service. I was so nervous that somehow I managed to get through a whole service in 30 minutes. And I do mean a full service, including 5 hymns, three prayers, children's address and sermon. Apparently the content was good, just very quickly delivered. At least there were no complaints from those who needed to catch the bus to get home for lunch.


    From that day to this I have a little card that sits on the lectern that simply says "Slow Down, Smile".

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment, even if just to say "Hi".
I do moderate my comments, but don't let that put you off. Go on, you know you want to!