Sunday 24 May 2009

I think I got away with it.

Today's service seems to have been well received. Many people at both churches commented on it.

I was a little nervous to begin with, even though I was among friends, but the nerves settled down as I got on with it. It felt as though God was standing beside me, offering reassurance and guidance throughout.

I did manage to choose 1 hymn new to the congregations. As I'm not musical, I looked at the words and thought I recognised it and the words reflected the message I wanted to get across. My hubbie was the first to note it was a new hymn, as he was preparing the presentation for the second service. All the hymns already used have been stored, to save him and his fellow projectionist having to re-type them. Oops. I did recognise it once I heard the tune. I've no idea where, though.

I'm starting to feel in terms of services and sermons, especially from comments I've received, I have a gift for these which I didn't realise I had. Perhaps it's a gift which has only manifested itself now I am on this journey of following my call to ministry? Or I've had it all along and never knew it was there. Either way, it is a gift from God. A precious gift from God and I must use it wisely. I'm sure He will guide me well in its usage.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment, even if just to say "Hi".
I do moderate my comments, but don't let that put you off. Go on, you know you want to!