Tuesday 1 May 2012

So long

Sunday was my last day at Eagleside. Officially, the placement can continue until Pentecost, though it is to be 25 weeks from start to then. As I have only had 2 weeks off since the start, I have done that and some. Not that I am complaining - I have learnt a lot and the end of a month makes sense, as a natural break.

Now, I'm not one for a fuss, as anyone who knows me will attest to. However, I do acknowledge it is important for the congregation to be given  the chance to say goodbye. My supervisor didn't tell me anything was going to happen during the service. It was announced just after I'd finished reading the bible lessons for the service. I was presented with some flowers (with receipt!), which does make me wonder what a male candidate would have received...but that's just me (or is it, my mother-in-law did think it was pretty sexist).

Judging by the congregation's reaction, they did not know Sunday was my last Sunday and would miss me, which is both a huge complement and extremely humbling. Many wished me very well after the service and were very sincere in their interest for where I am going next and wanted me to visit occasionally (though, I'm not that sure that's a good idea for me, though there are many there who I would like to see supporting me come ordination).

The placement had had its ups and downs. I have grown, been challenged, observed, followed, been watched, questioned myself and developed. I firmly believe this placement has put me in a good steed for future, even things which I wouldn't do which are done there. Not all learning has to be from positives.

The best compliment I had come today. Well, it was two. One child wanting to tell me all about their sponsored walk (who says I can't relate to children) and a lady telling me I'll do well as who I put things and my voice really speak to the heart. I don't think she realised just how much that meant to me - it was so sincere and humbling.

After exams, the next experience, challenge and period of growth begins. I'm looking forward to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment, even if just to say "Hi".
I do moderate my comments, but don't let that put you off. Go on, you know you want to!