Sunday 2 May 2010

Wow - that was fun!

This is a quick up-date from selection/assessment conference. It was really great. 8 people, all in the same boat. All working through our call from God. All nervous and excited and overwhelmed and humble.

There was laughter, mainly at the drop and egg from head height exercise (our team was successful; the others broke 3 eggs!). For me, there was challenging questions and affirming encounters.

I will be disappointed if I am unsuccessful, but I wouldn't have missed the experience for the world. I pray the assessors have made the right decisions for God, for the church, for the applicants. And I pray for all the other applicants - they will be find their call, whether now or in the future. God is with us all.

He kept his promises to me this weekend, as he always has and always will.

4 comments:

  1. Good! Glad you had fun - we had to do the egg one as well. I hadn't a clue and left it to the others, being content to use sellotape and other things to help.No eggs were broken in our attempt either! It is pretty intense, but great fun.

    How did your chosen discussion go? When do you hear? Let us know either way.

    Prayers anyway that the right decision is made.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had a positive and affirming experience over the weekend. Praying with you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You done good.

    And remember...

    It's not about the steeple, it's the people! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That all sounds very positive. Hope you don't have to wait too long to hear.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment, even if just to say "Hi".
I do moderate my comments, but don't let that put you off. Go on, you know you want to!