Thursday 18 December 2008

Signs from God

My office has been running a promotion campain. I was very reluctant to apply, but did in the end. I applied as I thought if God really wants me to be a minister, there's no way I'll get promoted. Weird logic, but that's me!

Well, looks like I'm right about my call to ministry. I was unsuccessful. For most who applied, there was a lot of disappointment, naturally. For me, is was a great feeling of release. Quiet cathartic, really. God has other plans for my gifts. I'm definitely taking this as one of the strongest signs, so far, that I am on the right path.

In other news, I've decided my blog looks a little bare, so I intend to attempt to put a photo up with most posts. This post's photo was taken in Ta Papa, New Zealand's national museum. I just happened to look down and notice the lights. Something beautiful in an unexpected place. God's like that too, isn't He?

1 comment:

  1. I think your logic is fine (not weird) as long as you stay open. I was undertaking a Post Grad Certificate in counselling the same year as enquiry/field assessment... and I applied for a place on the full time diploma course - the interview was just before the Selection Conference.

    As I had not hidden anything from the University, I was asked at interview for the Diploma place if the Counselling Diploma was my 'fall back' position if I wasn't accepted to train for the ministry.

    I can honestly say it wasn't... both things felt right for me at that time and I wanted to fully explore both paths and to wait for God's guidance and affirmation. I must have communicated this feeling at the Diploma interview as they offered me a place (and they get far more applications than there are places).

    Keep looking for the signs along the way... I certainly did... but stay open to all the possibilities that may come your way... Don't see them as 'distractions' you owe it to yourself to explore fully all you are capable of and gifted for.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment, even if just to say "Hi".
I do moderate my comments, but don't let that put you off. Go on, you know you want to!